2017 Stony Lake Sparkler 5K Run/Walk
Sunday, July 2, 2017
- ABOUT THE SPARKLER: The Stony Lake Sparkler 5K features awards, medals, t-shirts and a post-race party with great food and music.
- THIS IS A FUN COMMUNITY EVENT. Bring the whole family. Special recognition to family with largest participation by a single family!
- THE RACE WILL RAISE MONEY FOR THE CRYSTAL VALLEY CARE FUND, founded in 1992, which serves 300 families per year faced with catastrophic illness and in the event of house fires.
- REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED BEFORE JUNE 26, 2017 (T-Shirt guaranteed) cost $25 per person for the 5K and $15 for the 1-Mile Fun Run. The Family Rate is $70 for up to 2 Adults and up to 4 Children under 18 at the same address.
- REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED ON OR AFTER JUNE 26 (T-Shirt if available) cost $30 per person for the 5K and $20 for the 1-Mile Fun Run. The Family Rate is $80.
- EARLY PACKET PICKUP AND LATE REGISTRATION is available from 9:00 – 11:00 on Saturday, July 1 at the Stony Lake Inn, 4722 Scenic Drive, Stony Lake, Michigan.
- RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP BEGINS AT 7 A.M. The 1-mile fun run/walk begins at 8:00 a.m. and the 5K timed run/walk begins at 8:30 a.m.
- RACE BEGINS FROM THE STONY LAKE INN, 4722 SCENIC DRIVE, STONY LAKE, MI.
- RACE TIMES: 1-Mile Fun Run begins at 8:00 a.m. | 5K Timed Run/Walk begins at 8:30 a.m.
- RACE COURSE: The course is an easy out and back course. Course map link coming soon. The race will be run on a natural beauty road. The course is scenic and easy to follow.
- WATER STOP is located on the 5K out and back course.
- FREE PARKING available close to the course and packet pickup. Parking crew who will direct you to the closest available spot to the Stony Lake Inn. Please consider carpooling or walking if you are staying in a cottage or home nearby.
- 1 MILE FUN RUN/WALK AWARDS to all participants
- SPECIAL AWARDS go to Largest Family and Best Spirit Costume.
- 5K AWARDS to Overall, Master and Grand Master winners. Male and female winners in the age categories: 9 & younger; 10 -14; 15-19; 20-14; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70+
- T-SHIRTS are guaranteed to all who pre-register before June 26, 2017. T-Shirts if available to registrations received on or after June 26.
- FUN POST RACE PARTY will take place in the parking lot of the Stony Lake Inn and includes great food and music.
- SORRY, NO DOGS: For the safety of runners, spectators and your pet, dogs will not be allowed at the event. Thank you for your understanding.
- DRIVING DIRECTIONS From Muskegon: U.S. 31 North to Exit 140 – Stony Lake Road/New Era. At the top of the exit ramp, make a left going west on Stony Lake Road for approximately 5.3 miles. Take a right on Scenic Drive. Destination is approximately .5 miles on the right. From Grand Rapids: I-96 West as far as it goes to where I-96 ends at Muskegon. Take US 31 North toward Ludington approximately 28 miles to Exit 140 Stony Lake Road/New Era. At the top of the exit ramp, make a left going west on Stony Lake Road for approximately 5.3 miles. Take a right on Scenic Drive. Destination is approximately .5 miles on the right. From Ludington: From U.S. 10, take U.S. 31 South approximately 30 miles to Exit 140 – Stony Lake Road/New Era. At the top of the exit ramp, make a right going west on Stony Lake Road for approximately 5.3 miles. Take a right on Scenic Drive. Destination is approximately .5 miles on the right.